I found this lying around in one of my folders and it gave me a chuckle. I know it’s not January 1, but…
- To burst into operatic song every time I receive a rejection. After all, each rejection is an opportunity!
- To hug an editor. If I can find one. What do you mean, that’s stalking?
- To finish a full, eighty thousand word novel in two weeks. Hey, Asimov could have done it…
- To practice my happy dance. I intend to need it far more often this year.
- To drive the husband completely crazy. I have him about halfway there already.
- To harass all the book store owners in town to stock my novel. Oh wait, it’s not printed yet. Well, it’s preparation, right?
- To pull more all nighters. Sleep is for the week, and this story can’t wait until morning.
- To restock my liquor cabinet. The creative lubrication is absolutely essential.
- To write a best seller, become famous and buy a mansion… Well. Umm. Yeah. It could happen, right? Maybe to stay out of the looney bin would be more reasonable.
I think I know many writers who can sympathize with this!