Isolation means more time to write.
Stress means muse death and no ideas.
So, how about some prompts?
Here’s a few and maybe people can add more in the comments:
- Write a short story from the viewpoint of an inanimate object. Plush toys and action figures are cheating.
- Use this first line “The river flowed beneath them, deep and dark and leading to no place they wanted to go.”
- Write a story about a twin, separated at birth, trying to deal with talking to their sibling.
- Write a comic (as best you can) story with the punchline, “And then she slapped him.”
- Finally, use this picture:
There. Anyone got any more?